Saturday, July 7, 2012

Conversations with myself


Everyone says that talking to yourself is ok as long as you don’t answer yourself, but we all do it. To those of you who are saying “I don’t talk to myself” stop for just a few seconds…. (one, two, three…) Ok how many of you just said, “ok yeah I guess I do” ?   My guess is most of you.

Well, I have found one example of when talking to yourself is not something that is worthy of sending you to the crazy house. 

Jeramiah, a 32 year old man, sits and watches a video of himself at age 12. He seems to have a conversation about his life with his younger self that is both educational and funny. (Link to video.) Go and watch it, it’s only 3 minutes long but worth it. I’ll wait…

… Well what did you think? It made me think of what I would say if I had a chance to talk to either my younger or older self. So here is a short list of potential things I would like to make sure that I addressed.


To my younger self:

  1.  Middle school and high school boys are immature and stupid, don't expect much more out of college boys though.
  2. Don't be in a hurry to grow up, once you do you can't go back. As of right now time travel is not possible, but I will be sure to ask older self when I see her if its available in the future.
  3. Don't let others live vicariously through you. Be your own person it will ultimately make you a happier and better person.
  4. Money does not grow on trees (it’s mostly cotton so it grows in fields). In any case only spend what you need to and you will be happy later. Or find yourself a sugar daddy and buy whatever the hell you want.



    Photo of myself in 1995


To my older self:
1.      Is time travel possible? Both younger self and current self (still younger self to you) are wondering... so can you let me know?
2.      I assume that the Mayan's were incorrect and that the apocalypse has not occurred. However, if I am wrong then I hope that we and our loved ones are not zombies. 
3.      Was the 2nd and 3rd Hunger Games films any good? The first one was good, but not great in comparison to the books. But what movie is really as good as the book that it’s based on? Really, I can't seem to find one...
4.      Remember that nothing lasts forever, be sure to appreciate the time you have with the ones you love while you still can.



So what advice or questions would you pose to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment