Monday, September 24, 2012

I'm a nag

Warning this is a rant, if you don't want to listen to me bitch you should backpedal now and save yourself the time.

So my daughter is getting ready to turn 3 in a few months and has still never really had a photographer take her photo, except for family events. Around 2 months ago a local woman who is just starting her photography business was looking on facebook for subject so that she could build her portfolio, and the disc with all the images would be free. I looked at the photos she had up so far, since they were similar to what I liked I messaged her and we made an appointment for Sunday August 23rd.

The day came and we meet at the park. My daughter was shy and slightly uncooperative but she didn't cry or get mad and the photographer said that she had gotten some good pictures. She said that she would edit them that night and that she would have a few samples on her site that evening and have the cd to me within a week, so that I could choose a picture and she would give me a free 8*10 of the photo I chose.

I think this is great as I walk away, hubby's bday is at the beginning of October and I wanted to surprise him with the pictures (he hates getting his photo done and think everyone else feels the same).

Anxious to see the results I logged on her site that night and several nights following to see a preview of my pictures, to no avail.  After two weeks I still had not seen any pictures or gotten any messages from her. I sent a private message and got no response, after a few days I sent one so that all her fans could see it. Just asking if she was still working on the pictures and wondering when I should expect to see them. After a few days she responded and said that she would send them out by Sept 13th. 

Now I know that sometimes the post office and such places can sometimes seem to take forever especially when you are waiting for something. But today is Sept 24th and I still have not gotten these pictures. She only lives 30 minutes away and mail does not take 11+ days to go that distance. So a few days ago I messaged her again just to make sure she sent my pictures to the address I had given her and not to someone else.  

I also noticed that at least one other person is anxiously awaiting the photos of their kid, according to the posts on her website.

Since these pictures are free I feel like I shouldn't really complain, but at the same time I have been waiting on them for a month and hubby's bday is only a week away.  If she would just get back to me and tell me, "sorry I have been having issues with __fill in the blank__. I am sorry but your photos will be late, but expect them __on date__." Then I would be cool about it.... well maybe not cool but cooler.

Guess this goes to show me that if I can do it myself that I should, you get what you pay for sometimes and it would just be quicker and easier for me in the long run.

I will post an update when...if I ever get these photos. Until then enjoy these pictures that I took myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment