Saturday, February 9, 2013

Way Behind

So I know its already nearly the middle of February and all that but since I have not posted on here since the end of November perhaps I should say, "Merrychristmashappynewyearshappyvalentines Day". Wow that was a mouthful.

Honestly I cannot say why I have have not been active. I guess in December I was busy doing what most people are doing, preparing for the holidays and perhaps working to much either because its a busy season at work or because you have to pay for all that holiday cheer you are giving everyone.

In January I was attempting to recover from the craziness of the holidays and besides working on adding a new tub in our master bathroom (which still is not finished due to financial aspect of fewer working hours), instead of putting away all my holiday decorations I can't say that I did much of anything. Work was slow and because of that I am down on my hours... now how am I suppose to pay for everything?

Now its February, hours are still slow at work so I am spending a lot of time watching TV (Walking Dead... ready for new episode starting tomorrow) and reading books on my Nook (look here next week for my review of the Nook HD).  Preparing for my sisters upcoming wedding and everything that comes with it (shower and bachelorette party which are in 3 weeks- I will be sure to post about those) as well as several friend's baby showers. The weather here is horrid, one day its 65 degrees the next 25, thus causing a round of the flu to be going around.

Maybe I just need to focus on my New Years resolutions a bit more
  1. Read 100 Books  -already at 23 so I think I am good on that one
  2. Finish Writing the Book I started during Nano - still only ~1/2 way done, no progress since Nov.
  3. Get my house clean and keep it that way... easier said than done with a 3 year old, 2 dogs and a hubby
  4. Learn new cake decorating skills - hmm need to check out some of the blogs I follow to see whats new
  5. Try something new - I have no idea what this should or will be
  6. Find a better balance with work - Only time will tell what this means.   
In any case 2013 is so far kinda less awesome than 2012, lets hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment