Thursday, February 24, 2011

How convient?

In a world where everything is rushed and consumers want everything now how much time are we actually saving ourselves? An example, 8 minute abs. Now I know I am not one to judge since I never make it to the gym myself, but for those trying to lose weight and/or tone their abs is 8 minutes really sufficient? If someone spends all day sitting at a desk and eating greasy unhealthy food can they really expect to get a perfectly chiseled body in under an hour a week (providing that they work out the total 8 minutes, 7 days a week.)


Anyway moving on to what brings me to the subject in the first place. Today as I left my job as a cake decorator at the grocery store I passed by the bank. Its fairly normal to see a car at the ATM, usually taking a few dollars out for lunch or whatever, but this man was not. The man in question was out of his truck. Isn't the convenience suppose to be that you can stay in your vehicle to do your banking? Not only was he out of the truck but he had apparently locked himself out. After a few desperate attempts to open the door to no avail, he climbed into the bed of the truck where he was attempting to open the little window to the cab. It appeared to be locked. Not that it probably mattered as this was a large man and I doubt that the 8 minute abs had slimmed him down enough to fit through the child sized opening. I don't know if he ever got his truck unlocked or if he had to break down and get AAA over there, but I doubt that the quick trip to the bank was as quick as he had hoped.  So in his attempt to rush he actually cost himself more time and probably more money in the long run.  I guess the moral of today's blog is 1) don't rush it apparently doesn't help, and 2) don't be the idiot who locks himself out of the car at the ATM.

No comments:

Post a Comment