Saturday, March 9, 2013

Update on New Years Resolutions

A while ago I posted my New Year's Resolutions (Here). It's nearly 2 1/2 months after the start of the year and most people have already stopped going to the gym or given up the diet that they so insistently vowed that they would stick to this year. Thus I figured I would revisit my list to see how I am doing.


  1. Read 100 Books  - I am pretty sure I will make this one as I have read 43 books as of now.
  2. Finish Writing the Book I started during Nano - still only ~1/2 way done, but I have worked a little bit more since my resolution was made. Hoping to finish, edit and self publish using PubIt
  3. Get my house clean and keep it that way... this one is still eluding me, however I think that it will happen this week, well at least the cleaning part, I cannot say if it will stay that way.
  4. Learn new cake decorating skills - I have to admit that I have done nothing with this right now and with no cakes scheduled until May at this point I have no reason to do anything unless I am bored. Hmm maybe later this week... after the house is cleaned of course.
  5. Try something new - I still have no idea what this should or will be, unless I take #6 on the list into consideration but I think I will hold out for something more exciting.
  6. Find a better balance with work - Well I guess that I am working on this one now! Earlier in the week I received a job offer and decided that it worked better for my family for me to take it. After turning in my notice on Wednesday it was decided (by my boss) that my last day would be Friday. So yesterday was my last day at my old job and I have all next week to do whatever. Monday I have my drug screening and have to fill out all the paper work and then on the 18th I will start my new position. It's nothing super cool or revolutionary but I am excited none the less... and perhaps a little scared of the "unknown"  

For the most part I think that I am moving the the right direction to fulfill most if not all of the goals I have set for myself this year, but only time will tell. 

I would love to hear from anyone out there reading this on your own resolutions and if you are following through with them or if they have fallen by the way side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment