Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Being a mother/wife...

It's Wednesday, a day that my husband and I both have off, until I start my new job next week.  How have we spent the day so far?  We slept in until 8:30, a rare occurrence for us both, we loafed around in bed and watched a DVRed episode of Jeopardy while Eva and the dogs played.

Eva had a wellness visit with the doctor at 9:45. Though she is still considered underweight at this point (weighing 18 lbs at 15 months) she is getting closer to being in the average range every month. The dang girl eats everything and frequently, but she is very active and has good genes according to the doctor. Besides that she had to get 3 shots. The 2 minutes of screaming was like being in a horror movie, but the Looney Tunes band-aides and love from Mommy and Daddy helped.

Upon leaving the doctor's office we drove an hour to the nearest large city where we did some errands. Eva slept the whole way, exhausted from the excitement of the doctor's visit. While in town we ran to the baby store for loads of diapers and an Easter dress, to the mall to get my engagement ring checked and  updated for insurance, and to the grocery because we had a $50 gift card from my hubby's work.

Once again Eva was kind enough to sleep in the car on the trip home. Everything we bought gets put away, the 500th load of laundry gets put in the dryer, while the 501st goes in the washer.  Hubby is watching sports and napping on the couch. Currently taking a break off from cleaning Eva's room and putting the cloths that she has outgrown into the attic. Once Eva's room is finished got to load the dishwasher and start thinking of dinner. I have bowling league at 6:30, until around 8 (Eva usually goes with me). When I get back its time for Eva's bath and bedtime, quickly followed by my own.

Though the going out of town was abnormal, I am usually running errands, cleaning the house, sometimes taking time to myself or spending time with the hubby if he is home. I guess all that I am illustrating here is that being a mother/wife is a job where the work truly seems to never be done. I refuse to listen to my husband when he tells me to leave it until later, simply because I can't stand these things not being done. So unless I am on my death bed, or fear that I am, don't expect me to be lying down on the job. I might hate some of the work but I love the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment