Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We're not in Kansas anymore...

A famous phrase taken from one of my favorite movies. For those of you who are not aware of what I am referring to let me catch you up. Dorthy a young girl living with her aunt and uncle in Kansas during the late 1890s, and her dog Toto finds herself in a strange land after a tornado picks up her house and carries it away. The same thing happened here in southern Indiana, Sunday evening. Well maybe not exactly, as far as I have heard nobody's house has ended up in Oz, though that might take a day or two to hit the news.

The important this is that my family and friends are alright. There was some damage, though for the most part the tornado or high winds skipped my town. It did hit my parents house though and a neighboring town where I have friends. Lacey has already informed the world via facebook that she and hubby are fine and for that I am glad.

My parents lost 12 trees out of their yard, will have to get a new roof and fix the walls to the garage, which are bowed out. Thankfully their electric returned within about 12 hours and there were no injuries. I hope that the people in the neighboring town can fix their houses and lives as easily as we will fix ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment